Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sinful Teatime @ Delicious, Bangsar Village 2, KL

Giving in to small indulgences at Bangsar Village 2...

We had our darling friend Arlene and Diana visiting from Singapore (*HUGS* Hi, my dear Merlion..) so us girls went for a relaxing day out - a massage at Thai Odyssey then a tea time makan and chit chat session at Delicious, BV2...

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Delicious had further expanded their menu, now having a lot more variety for their mains as well as an extensive snack/ side dish selection.

One such dish that stood out to us was the Chilli con carne cheese fries (RM 15.90++):
"Come on baybeh... *purr* You know you want me....."

Oh man, now that's what you call comfort food.... :) :)
- Chunky fries, slightly starchy but not bad,
(Actually, I think the fries they usually use are shoe string fries, but since they ran out that day, we swapped for chunky fries...)
- a layer of chunky tomato based meat sauce, and
- topped with a yummy, gooey cheese...
(NO! DON'T ASK ME HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN IT! I don't know and I don't want to know... *lol*)

Oh and another interesting find, just a few few metres away, we spotted the new Delicious Gelato booth:
New Delicious gelato booth, with my friend Jo modelling next to it.....

They have a variety of tempting gelato flavours ranging from RM8 to RM10, from the playful Bubblegum to the Asian Black Sesame, the unusual Horlicks to the classic Mango sorbet:
LOL.....

I wanted to try something very different, so I chose the Mojito flavour that day:
Alcoholic ice cream?.....

My ice cold Mojito! (RM10):
All mine.....

OK.
It may be a bit of an acquired taste (fairly strong taste of mint leaves and basil?) but I liked it... and the texture was nice - creamy but light. :)
(Am very curious about the rest of the flavours and I'm hoping to drop by again soon to try them...)
(Oh, warning: The nice lady at the ice cream counter said that they are closing down for a while starting from (around) 1 March onwards for renovations? Not sure how long they'll be closed but I'll keep an eye out....)



Summary Information:
Delicious @ Bangsar Village 2, KL

Opening Hours: 11am till late
Phone: 03-2287 1553/4
Address: GF-1, Ground Floor, Bangsar Village II, 2 Jalan Telawi 1, Bangsar Baru, 59100, Kuala Lumpur

NO PORK SERVED




OTHER REVIEWS:
-


TAGS: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 comments:

  1. what kind of renovations do an ice cream stall needs?? nooo i haven tried despite walking past back n forth literally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummie and gooey indeed. i love that icecream too but too blardy large and solid and hard to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg - the fries...(!!) the chilli con carne sauce was good enough to eat with ANYTHING. maybe you can try combining it with the gelato :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh noooo!! Every time I hear some dubious "closed for renovation" I am pretty sure I'll never see that place again. Oh alcoholic ice cream... we were just not meant to be :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried most but didnt like any.
    Come la..i bring u to some alcoholic gelatos...call me..i dunno yr free days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. to "Joe" who is constantly craving:
    Haha...
    Well, in this case I think they are trying to build up a more permanent counter?
    (Or something like that)

    to Ciki girl:
    Hey, did they give you a bigger serving? Not fair! :P

    to j:
    *lol*
    That's one fusion of food that I'm not so willing to try lah babe! :P

    to minchow:
    Haha...
    Well, we can only hope and see what happens... :)

    to thenomadGourmand:
    Uh oh. And I had very high hopes for the black sesame ice cream. :(

    Ok. Will call you soon.
    (Next week, this week busy)
    You know I'm always up to trying a new place. Thanks dear....

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your thoughts, opinions and feedback. :)