Friday, November 27, 2009

Italy 2009 Photos (Part 3)

Desktop holiday for you... European Edition - Italy Part 3....

That building from that Angels & Demons movie, Castel Sant'Angelo:
Such a beautiful sunny day.....

There were many people taking wedding photos that day (spotted at least 3 couples)
Walking up to Piazza St Pietro.....

A closer look at the Basilica di San Pietro:
The Pope's crib.....

The famed Colosseum:
A place of celebration.... and death.....

I was really lucky that day - apparently it was some sort of Italian Heritage day (?) so I scored some free tickets to go inside the Colosseum!:
*in AWE*.....

Although it was a bit too packed inside, with hordes of tourists milling around... well, I still really enjoyed it. :)
(I know this epic monument had a long and very bloody past but it's still pretty awesome...)

The free ticket I got also allowed me access to the nearby Palpatine Hill:
This is where it all started.....

According to the legend, this is where it all started - where the half God twin brothers Romulus and Remus were raised by a wolf, and went on (after a little murder and mayhem...) to found the city of Rome.
(It's an interesting story....)

Walking around inside the Palpatine Hill area - which is HUGE by the way:
J being silly.....

Hahahha...
No, I don't know where I think I'm going either. :)
(It's a bit lame, I know, but it's all for a laugh....)

BTW, 2 short messages:
- To the nice Middle Eastern man who was in the Rome Free Walking Tour with me
(I took your photo in front of the Piazza San Pietro), I lost your email, and
- To the 2 super friendly New Zealander/ Kiwi? girls who were also with me that day (We went on the walking tour and then on that pub crawl) - I lost your email too!
:(
.... if you come across my blog by some random stroke of luck - please drop me a comment with your email... I have some photos to send to you. Thanks! :)


Next round of photos: London!....
:)


Hugs,
J

THE REST OF THE SET - J'S ITALY 2009 POSTS:
- Italy 2009, Part 1
- Italy 2009, Part 2
- OR go to J's Main Travel Page for more options. :)


TAGS: , , ,, , ,

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your next stop. Never been to London..sob

    ReplyDelete
  2. bootiful pix! ayam back.. missed reading ur madness;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. to NyonyaChef:
    Really?? :(
    Hey, you should go.... but no exotic things like bugs and worms there for you to eat I think... :P

    to CUMI & CIKI:
    Thanks babe. :)
    And welcome home! *HUGS* Miss ya too.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your thoughts, opinions and feedback. :)