Friday, July 21, 2006

Marco's Cakes

One night, I had walked into Marco's Pizza, a new pizza joint near my house, just to check it out but could not resist the call of temptation from the very well placed cake chiller..... The cakes, were teeny (akin to Bakerzin's sizes) for RM6 but looked really good, so I thought I should give it a try.

After much deliberation, I decided to go with the Chocolate Cake and the Strawberry Cake (which I was told were their bestsellers)......

Such a cute takeaway box

As soon as I got home I quickly tore open the takeaway box and started on the cakes...

The Strawberry Cake and the Chocolate Cake

Sadly, the cakes were only ok....
The Chocolate Cake, with layers of chocolate sponge and mousse, was a bit on the dry side, although the generous toppings of a chocolate stick, walnut and (hollow) chocolate ball were enjoyable.
The cute heart shaped Strawberry Cake, with its layers of vanilla sponge and strawberry mousse, was also a bit on the dry side *sigh* but the jellied strawberry on top was nice.
(Look, I am very fussy about the sponge in a sponge cake - if it's too dry it just throws off the overall texture)

So, all in all, it was ok but just not quite worth the price.
(*eep* I am RM12 poorer! And all for 6 mouthfuls of 2 "ok" tasting cakes....)
(If I were to rate the cakes, I would only give it a 5 out of 10)


TAGS: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

  1. Hey J, guess what? I caught these cakes at Da Breadstory. So, I assumed that Marco's Pizza eventually ordered these mini cakes from them eh... honestly speaking, it was not really good da other time I had it @ Marco's Pizza..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... so they're getting it from somewhere else! Hmmm - not very original then, is it?

    Anyway, I didn't find them very nice either... not really worth the price.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very yummy pizza, by the way, thanks for sharing... nice posting...

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your thoughts, opinions and feedback. :)